Yes. For their safety, we require that puppies be at least 4 months of age to lodge at Applewood. This is the minimum age at which they are fully vaccinated. Because of the needs of younger puppies, we recommend that they lodge with your veterinarian, if necessary.
At Applewood we care what our guests eat. We serve top of the line food, FROMM chicken and rice kible, mixed with Evangers chicken and rice canned food.
Of course! Personal food should be separated and measured by individual meals in zip lock baggies, labeled and pre-packaged for each meal so that we may provide the same amount that your pet is accustomed to receiving.
Of course! We want your dog as comfortable as possible, and often times that includes his/her favorite bed or blanket from home. Should your dog’s bed get soiled, we will wash it and send it home clean.
Of course! You are welcome to bring your pet’s toys from home, but please limit the toys to two (2) per guest. We always try our best, but we cannot be responsible for the safe return of toys, so please, nothing valuable or one-of-a-kind.
Of course! All required medications will be administered for a small fee. We request that all medications be labeled with your pet’s first and last name and in their original container. We will also want to know about any special health concerns about your pet.
We want to maintain a pest-free environment, so all pets are inspected at check-in for signs of fleas and ticks. If detected, we offer a single treatment of Frontline. Cost will be determined by the size of your pet.
No. Pets from different families are never lodge together. Each pet enjoys his or her own personal space and interacts with Applewood staff only on an individual basis.
Of course! Family members typically enjoy their stay more when they’re around their siblings, yet, in the event of a “disagreement,” we will separate pets for their safety.
We remove collars for safety purposes, and give your dog a printed collar with his/her name and pertinent information on it for identification.
Of course! You may have someone else pick up your pet as long as we have your written authorization, the name of the person on file, and payment arrangements have been made in advance.
Of course! An Applewood staff member is on premises 24 hours per day for the safety and well-being of your pet.
Upon check-in, you will be asked to designate a dollar amount for your pet in the event of an emergency. Our first course of action is to contact you and contact your veterinarian. Should you be out of touch, and depending on the severity of the situation, we may make a decision to treat your pet at our Animal Hospital.
Each guest receives a card and collar for identification purposes when checking in. This identification card contains important personal information and care instructions and accompanies your pet throughout his/her stay.
Of course! Please feel free to contact us at any time during regular business hours to check on your pet. We’ll be happy to give you an update!
In addition to dog and cat lodging, we also open our doors to birds, exotics, and small animals.
Although not required, reservations allow us to staff appropriately to provide the utmost in service and care for you and your pets! We request that you make reservations as much in advance of your pet’s visit as possible. Although we attempt to accommodate all requests for lodging, we do experience certain “peak periods,” generally occurring around busy holiday periods and traditional summer vacation months.
Unfortunately, yes. Even though we take every precaution to protect your pet from being exposed to disease while staying at Applewood Pet Resort, it is possible for them to contract an airborne illness from another pet. This is why current vaccinations are mandatory- it is for the health of your pet! To further reduce the risk, we use stainless steel food and water bowls, which are sanitized between each use, and our housekeeping sanitation measures are similar to those in human hospitals. Think of sending a child to school: the parent may have seen to it that his/her son or daughter received that season’s flu vaccine, taken their vitamins and had proper nutrition and rest. Yet, despite their best efforts, s/he still may contract a cold or flu, possibly a strain that was not included in the vaccine.
Of course! You are welcome to stop in and visit anytime during normal business hours, seven days a week. No appointment is necessary!
Didn’t find the answer?
If we didn’t address your question, we would love the opportunity to answer it! All we need is for you to fill out the simple form below, and we will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks for asking!
- I love applewood!! My dogs are always happy to go in and happy when I pick up. I also board my dogs there and have been very pleased, I love that they can go out in huge real grass play yards for play times, they love it!! Also the staff has always been great, they know my dogs by name, and they barrel in the door to get their belly rubs.Tessa B.
- I would highly recommend. I have gone back into the grooming area and have also waited in the front lobby area as their clients came and went, and I witnessed nothing but the up most professionalism and superior customer service.Yolanda M.
- Expert grooming; exceptional service. I found my experience at Applewood to exceed my expectations. I would recommend this beautiful facility to everyone!Sandra L.
- Awesome Applewood. What a wonderful resort for my 2 little dogs. I moved to Arizona not long ago and have been to many dog kennels but this is 5 star all the way!!! The grounds are beautiful the resort never smells and the staff are happy you are there. I have been 3 times since I moved here and each time my dogs are very happy to be going. They love the peanut butter kong and the outings out in the big grass yard. I have them groomed every time and they have never looked better. I recommend this pet resort believe me it is the BEST!!Samantha M.
- Applewood is not only one of the top dog grooming facilities in the city, it has some of the best groomers in the NATION working there. The owner was once a top dog handler and groomer.... he is now a well-recognized judge in the AKC. Best of all, the staff LOVE dogs. There is no better facility for dogs anywhere in AZ.Sara B.
- Applewood is expensive. You get what you pay for. We've used Applewood for years and never had any kind of problem. We decided to take our dog to another place this past 4th of July weekend. Shiny & new, well closer to our house than Applewood and considerably less money. Great, except the fact that our little guy came home with a terrible stomach virus. No thanks. He goes back to Applewood from now on. Bob G.